May 14, 2009

Picking Up the Trash

The day came for the dumpster to be picked up. Since Josiah would be at school, he requested pictures "unless the driver doesn't like his picture taken because it makes him nervous or something." (Isn't he thoughtful?) I was briefly tempted to show him the drop off pictures again, just backwards. But I'm a sucker for my boys' requests.


Here is the full dumpster. Wait. What? Oh. Okay.

I stand corrected. HERE is the full dumpster.

Time to cover it.

And here comes the truck.

Yes, I'm aware there's a hooker in the picture. Don't worry. There's nothing inappropriate here.

Gotcha!

Seriously. I was a little concerned that the dumpster was too heavy for the truck.

Apparently, he wasn't really trying to lift it yet but was just making it snug.

All secured. Let's get this show on the road.

If this truck could groan, I think it would.

Get 'er up there!

Nathan was jumping up and down with excitement over the show.

The driver was very nice and waved to Nathan. Good-bye, Dumpster!
Good-bye, Truck and Nice Guy! (I shall call him Dave.)
*Dave* even honked as the truck drove away. Yeah! HE HONKED! HE HONKED! Yeah!
The simplest things can make Nathan's day.
I'm excited to be able to park in the driveway again and to use our backdoor without having to squeeze past the dumpster.
I, too, enjoy the simple things.

No comments: