June 10, 2009

Morning Surprise

As I returned home from my walk this morning, Josiah greeted me in the kitchen. He said, "I made something for you!" and went upstairs to retrieve it.

I thought it must be one of his many crafts. He loves to create something new out of something old. As he is upstairs looking for his "craft" I start drawing a picture for him since he absolutely loves getting notes and pictures. (He still has birthday cards from years ago.)

After a minute, Josiah returns with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! He knew I would be hungry after walking. He said he made some for Nathan and Noah too for when they wake up, and Daddy "even though he probably wouldn't want it." I could not refuse such a thoughtful gift and thankfully ate a generously loaded peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast.

Then we visited about how to best draw a motorcycle (the motorcycle I was attempting to draw was lacking an engine, gas tank, and more) and I shared with him the qualities that I see in him. Josiah is thoughtful, intelligent, fun, creative, inquisitive, resourceful, funny, compassionate, and friendly to name a few. I'm so thankful that Josiah is part of our family and I am excited to be able to spend more time with him during the summer!

No comments: