July 15, 2009

How Rude of Me!

I just received a phone call which was from NCB on the caller I.D. readout. Since I didn't know who or what that is I answered the phone thinking that it may be a call that John needs to take. The conversation went like this:

Me: Hello?
Caller: Robin?
Me: No. You must have the wrong number.
Caller: Is Timothy there?
Me: No. No Timothy or Robin live here. You have the wrong number.
Caller: Is this the Perino residence?
Me: Not Timothy or Robin Perino.
Caller: Well, they gave this number as a number of contact...
Me: I don't believe that.
Caller: Would you take a message for them?
Me: No!
Caller: You won't take a message for your relatives?
Me: I don't even see them!
Caller: Just take a message and pick up the phone, call them, and pass it on.
Me: No. I'm not taking a message. I don't see them. I don't call them. You have the wrong number. Please don't call here again!
Caller: Well, I can see that you're just being rude...
Me: You are the one being RUDE. Don't call here. Good-bye. *click*


I don't know why I stayed on the phone as long as I did. Does anyone else have people calling their homes and telling them they are rude? Or do you hang up before that happens? *sigh*

No comments: