April 26, 2009

Trust

Sometimes people get scared. Fears can be real or imaginary, with or without basis; however, they can also be overcome. When I get scared, I can assess the situation and deal with it. "Where does this fear come from? Is there reason to be afraid? Should I change direction or plough forward and conquer the fear? What does God say about this?"

This week my boys have shared some fears with me. Dealing with this may be harder than fighting my own fears. My heart longs to comfort them and rid them all their fears but I cannot see inside their minds to know where the fear is coming from. I will comfort them the best that I can without making promises that I don't have the ability to keep. Most importantly I show them that God can be trusted with their fears. And so we rely on God to be our strength and to give us courage and wisdom. When I entrust my boys to God, they are in good hands.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." I Timothy 1:7

No comments: