September 28, 2009

Fall Fun

I love Autumn! It's campfire season, football season, soup-making season, chili-consuming season, coffee-scarfing season, beautiful leaf season.... Did I mention that I love Autumn? Oh, yes, I did, didn't I?

I love Autumn so much that I planned my wedding in October to coordinate with the most beautiful week of autumn leaves and an average high temperature of a brisk 62 degrees. It just so happened that a cold front moved in on my wedding weekend and it was only 40 degrees, rainy, and windy. It was SO windy that my beautiful leaves were blown off the trees. No matter. My wedding was fun and went according to plan and I just pretended that my strapless gown was sufficiently warm enough for the outdoor pictures.

See? I'm not chilled to the bone. But I digress. What was I talking about? Right. Autumn ... and campfires. It's perfect weather to have campfires in our backyard.

Josiah wanted a campfire; John built the campfire. Then the boys were asking for marshmallows to roast over the fire. This was an impromptu campfire; I didn't have marshmallows! "Well, we could roast hot dogs..."

And the roasters were satisfied. One hot dog was quickly devoured by the fire. Another was quickly devoured by Noah.

Nathan ate his hot dog while roasting it. "See my hot dog?"

"You do have more hot dogs coming, don't you?"

"Take a picture of me sleeping!"

Ah! Fall. Family. Fun. Food. Fire. FANTASTIC!

No comments: