December 15, 2009

The Booby Break Down

Josiah came over to me and pointed at his chest; there was a little rubber bouncy ball under his shirt. He said, "Look. My nipple is growing a little."

I responded, "Mm hm. But your nipples won't grow; boys' nipples don't get bigger."

Then he looked at me and innocently asked, "Why did Daddies' nipples grow?"

"Well, sometimes there will be some fat or some big muscles behind the nipples that make them look bigger.", I explain.

(At this point, I should tell you that Josiah has never differentiated between nipples and breasts. If you're showing any cleavage at all, he thinks that he has seen your nipples so don't be too alarmed if he tells you, "Um, I see your nipples.")

I further clarified, "Ladies' nipples get big so that they can feed their babies." Since Josiah has two younger brothers who nursed, I thought this may settle the discussion for now. Nope, not yet.

"Will they get this big?" he asks as he spreads his hands apart way too far to allow any woman to be without back pain.

"No, everyone grows to be different sizes."

Not yet satisfied with information, he asks me, "Will yours get as big as So-and-So's?"

"No, I don't know what size hers are but we're different anyway..." Thanks, kid. Isn't it time for bed?

I will admit that during this entire conversation I was eagerly anticipating the moment when I could tell John about his big "nipples". Of course, I didn't keep from laughing when I told John about Josiah's observation and questions! John's reaction was priceless. "Hey, man, it wasn't me; it was Josiah." Here's a link where you can decide for yourself if there really are man boobs here. Heh heh heh.

8 comments:

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

Too cute of a story - you've got to love the logic that kids seem to have and the questions they ask! Thanks for stopping by earlier.

Rebekah said...

Oh this is good! I was asked about why I pee out of my bottom by my son....since I sit down and all.

Rita Templeton said...

Hehe! Don't you just love the questions that go on ... and on ... and ON, way past the point of awkwardness? I swear, I field at least two of these a day.

Saw your comment on SITS and had to stop by! :)

Shell said...

Too funny! My oldest has commented on Hubs' man boobs, too.

Minky Moo said...

HA! That is hysterical! They start figuring out and observing things so early don't they? I am SO not ready for that.
I'd love to have seen your husbands face when you told him!~
Thanks for coming by my blog!!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I burst out laughing when I read your explanation of "daddy nipples"... woo, I think my bosses must believe I'm crazy sitting here at my computer chuckling like this!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Brother-in-law said...

Josiah is correct. Seems that John may have what can be categorized as "man boobs".

Minky Moo said...

Thank you for letting me know the comments were off on my blog! I fixed it!