November 29, 2009

Cruisin' for a bruisin'
Askin' for trouble
Pushing the envelope
Wishin' for a wuppin'
Testing the limits
Pushing all the buttons
Beggin' for a beatin'
Playing with fire
Pressing his luck
Breaking the rules

What could I possibly be talking about?

Not what.

Who.

And the who is Nathan.

Shortly after taking his bath on Saturday, Nathan got the green (and thankfully, washable) poster paint and completely covered the front of himself. I'm talking about his face, shirt, hands, pants, and even his knees through the holes in his pants being John Deere green like a little Hulk. A picture would have been hilarious ... only I didn't see the humor in the moment. I had him strip his clothes off and put them in the bathtub before washing his hands, face and knees with a washcloth.

But that wasn't the end. Put that one in the "Lesson NOT learned" file.

When I came home from work Sunday morning, I found a surly dad cleaning the living room floor and carpet, Nathan in time out, and Josiah helpfully informing me that Nathan broke the whole dozen eggs on the floor. Nice. I chimed in, "Oh well, we had too many eggs anyway." And, yes, I am aware that I'll probably have to take a turn at scrubbing that carpet too.

Of course, Nathan already knows the rules and the consequences. So in answer to the question, "Why did you do this?", there was only one repeated reply: "I don't know!"

In the words of Bill Cosby, this is BRAIN DAMAGE.

No comments: