February 10, 2009

Road Trip

Last week I went on a trip with my dad. John handled the home front for two days without me. We went to Ohio to visit my wonderful Aunt Carol who is recovering from a surgery. It was a surprise! The best kind. My dad and I were waiting for her when she arrived at the nursing home. (a very pretty, welcoming place) She will be able to stay there until she is strong enough to return to her own home.

My dad


Aunt Carol

Serena, my cousin, and her son, Gabe, were accompanying Aunt Carol so we were all able to visit for about an hour. Gabe came riding in on Aunt Carol's lap in her scooter. This was the first time that I had met Gabe. He is just a month older than my youngest boy, Noah. I think they would get along famously.


Gabe, Serena, and Aunt Carol

When we left there, we headed to Lima and visited good friends and stayed the night. The next morning my dad and I dropped in on my Uncle Dick and Aunt Bev. It's been quite awhile since I have seen them! My uncle had fallen and broken some ribs a couple weeks back but he seems to be recovering well. I enjoyed hearing him tell us about the high school basketball games. He really likes basketball! I realized I need to start carrying actual photographs of my family. If there's internet I can pull up pictures but that wasn't available at my aunt and uncle's house. I'll have to send them some pictures.

We had lunch with friends again before driving home. It was a wonderful. I love visiting with people and I love road trips.

When I was about a half hour from home, John and Josiah called me. Josiah got on the phone to ask when I would be home. Thankfully I could tell him that I would see him in about 30 minutes. It was a sweet homecoming with hugs and kisses! We had 45 minutes to visit and play before it was bedtime for the boys. I love coming home too!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a nice trip! Absolutely wonderful to get out and do that every so often. (Nice John to hold down the fort - and the little Indians - while you were gone!)