January 25, 2010

You Didn't. Really? It's Too Much!

The Splash Award – Blue Cotton Memory passed this award to me. It is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive and inspiring blogs.

I just want to thank all my fans the people who skim my writing. You 30 or so people are the best! And I'd like to thank "words". I mean, where would we be without them? You couldn't even tell me where we would be if you didn't have words. See? Of course, you COULD show me a picture... Yes, pictures are very expressive. That would work. So... I would also like to thank "pictures" ... for showing us stuff.

In all seriousness, this award is a blessing because it lets me know that the things I've shared have given someone a laugh or encouraged them in some way. I love to see and share the humor in life.

The rules for this award are:
  • Put the logo on your blog/post.
  • Nominate and link up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
  • Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
  • Remember to link the person from whom you received your Splash Award.

These blogs have made me smile, laugh, be inspired or impressed me with their heart for people and perseverance in hard times.

Suburb Sanity - I love her sense of humor. She can tell you how to insult people nicely, what to do about sleepless nights, and how to make a nearly-grown child call home.

The Livesay [Haiti] Weblog - Troy and Tara are missionaries in Haiti. Yep. They are there right now. I love reading their stories of hope in the midst of heartache.

Our Kantola Family Story - She made me start blogging. She's an excellent writer: witty, funny, and real. She also has excellent taste in friends.

The Jungle Hut - Rita lives in Paraguay. Oh the stories she has to tell!

JenHartNSoul - Jen offers insight, recipes, and, yes, humor too.

thatgirlblogs - I love the way she tells stories and shares her frequent brushes with fame.

Today's Cliche - It's a His and Hers blog! We get to read the different ways that He and She view life.

Nobody Listens To The Girl - She cracks me up. I love to laugh and Bethany delivers. She is also an expert on Trent Edwards.

Anne Nunn Photography - Her photographs are beautiful. She finds and shows you the beauty in the everyday and those special days too.


Bethany from Nobody Listens To The Girl also recently listed me in her top ten blogs. (Yeah, I was just as shocked as you.) AND she recently reinstated me on her blogroll so whatever I did to fall from her graces must have been resolved or maybe just enough time passed to allow my link to be shown once again. (I'm so sorry, Bethany! I'll never ever do it again unless it was really funny to me... )

I am now going to pass this honor on to my top ten blogs. If you will, please turn your attention to the blogs above including Blue Cotton Memory (She has five boys and a lot of insight to share.) Now I realize that Nobody Listens to the Girl is in this list already and you're not supposed to place the giver in the givee list... Just call me a cheater.

OR look to the right and see my longer list of favorites. Now I'm an overachiever. And a brown noser.

Would you stop calling me names already? I'm just trying to pass along a prize and an honor...


P.S. I do NOT have tuberculosis! Just in case you were concerned... be concerned no longer. Friday I had to have a ppd test (apparently tuberculosis is abbreviated ppd and, yes, I know that ppd stands for something else which is another term for tuberculosis) for work. I was stabbed and injected with a foreign substance in order for them to tell me this morning something I already knew. I'm not sick. Well, THAT'S a relief. Those non-symptoms had me worried.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That was a beautiful acceptance speech. I cried.

Thanks for passing the award love back to me. As for the blogroll on the side bar, it got all messed up when I changed my layout. I think I've added back in all the blogs I read and cleaned out the ones I don't. I don't know. I'm a hot mess.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are too gracious! I don't think I'm even my boy's top 10 mom - LOL.

Thanks for giving me something to smile about all day long!

I'm glad you're healthy as a horse! We mom's cannot afford to be sick! Besides, we mom's of boys have to stick together!I ought to create a mom with 3+ sons club (no girls allowed)!It's definitely a different world without the girl!

Rita Loca said...

I am honored to be given this award! I also am looking forward to having a chance to check out the others you listed. Thank you!