January 2, 2010

Boots, Boys, and Boxes

I came home from work this morning to find this:

Of course, my first question is "Nathan, where are your clothes?" and the answer is simply "I don't need them."

While I am focusing on finding clothes which my child actually does need to keep warm around here, the words "trap" and "cat" and then "cat trap" filter through to me. "What are you guys talking about?" Josiah then directs my attention to their newest contraption. "Oh wow... Is the cat IN there? Okay. Let the cat out, please. Thanks."

I'm not sure if they placed the cat inside the trap or lured him in with his food bowl but he was indeed trapped and seemed very accepting of his fate. He emerged slowly when Josiah opened the trap door. Though I don't condone trapping the cat, I admitted to myself that their setup was pretty cool. Maybe they've been watching too much Phineas and Ferb....

Aren't boots and boxes cool? Of course, they would be nothing without the boys!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boys remind me of my boys! Boots, underwear, and a t-shirt - LOL -thankfully, by the time they're teenagers, they don't do that anymore! Cat-traptions? All inventions are possible with boys! What a wonderful day to come to!:) Here's to many more in the new year!

Anonymous said...

oh that is adorable. I mean, trapping cats is a no-no (mostly, ha!) but it looks like they really thought it out! Maybe have them make tunnels and a complex "house" for the cat with boxes. Your boys are bright to be thinking of "traps" like this! Boys are awesome!!!!

daddy said...

My boys are so smart!!

Shell said...

I'm constantly asking my boys "WHERE are your pants???" Ah, boys!

Very creative kiddos.

Charity said...

Really who needs clothes when you have cool boots. Too cute

Bethany said...

Seriously, what is with boys hating pants? I loved that they were creative enough to create a trap. we currently have a box "tent" in our living room. I think it's an excellent decoration.

Oh and I have no idea how, but my elbows hurt from drumming for rockband so I feel your Canasta pain. Maybe we're just old. Nah.

Kathy said...

I have to say Sarah that I laughed myself through each paragraph of this! Your kids are so funny, and your funny because you have photographic evidence to document all of this. I laughed so hard I clapped my hands in applause! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! Is it sad that I read this and immediately thought of my cat? She loves a great box. And also... the "fur" on my new boots.

Marie said...

What fun! Cold fun but still fun....