June 21, 2011

It's a Foot Thing

Admission:
I have a dislike of untying and putting laced sneakers on my kids. If they can do it themselves, fine. If not, please put on an easier shoe. Thank you.

Story:
Once upon a time this morning Noah wanted to put on shoes. For some reason he went outside without anything on his feet.

I am secretly delighted.

When I went outside to check on all the gentlemen Noah asked me if I would find some socks for him. Pointing at his feet, I replied, "Don't you like having bare feet? See? Just like me."

His response?

"I don't have bear feet!! I don't want bear feet! YOU have bear feet! You do!"

I think I've just been insulted. But it sure was funny.

3 comments:

cfoxes33 said...

I hate socks, so my feet are always dry and my son makes fun of my feet too!

Jessica said...

I like this. :) I prefer bare feet, too (not bear...). My husband is always in socks. As a result, his feet are silky smooth and soft as a baby's butt. My feet - more like raw hide.

Unknown said...

my feet are always bare too. My husband on the other hand has to have sock on and is trying to get our kids to be the same way... turns out they're more like me with one exception, my bare feet are calloused and ugly and theirs are still nice and cute!